If you think a healthy lunch can only be found at the salad bar, then it’s time to spice things up. Healthy foods come in more varieties than which type of fat-free vinaigrette you’re adding to your salad.
It’s time to explore the options beyond kale, spinach and romaine. Treat yourself to some tasty lunches that are completely different from your norm, but just as healthy.
Here are our 3 favorite healthy lunches:
- 2 whole-wheat pitas
- 4 oz. cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium pear, diced
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- 2 oz. black oil-cured olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 oz. oil packed sundried tomatoes; thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoons oregano (or 2 teaspoons of fresh chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 avocado; halved, pitted, and peeled
- 6 hardboiled eggs; peeled and halved
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 Tablespoon chopped chives (optional)
Go for More
Don’t stop with these 3 recipes. Use them as inspiration for for more tasty lunches. Try topping your sweet potato with spinach and goat cheese next week. Or, make avocado salad with chicken instead of eggs. The possibilities are endless. Stick to healthy ingredients, and you’re sure to come up with something spectacular for your taste buds and your body.
For even more noticeable results in your body, pair your healthy meals with regular workouts. Don’t have a place to exercise? Try Balance Fitness! Your can contact us online, or give us a call. Reach our San Mateo location at (650) 348-1259 or our Santa Clara location at (408) 244-3010.